As in 2011, the population of this planet reaches 7 billion. That's a very big number indeed. The question is how does 7 billion people suppose to ensure that their very lives, lived according to a pattern that will ensure peace and happiness ? Everything in this life is bound to perish. We aged. Our children gets older everyday. Our parents aged as well and they died. We heard about friends getting deadly diseases. Our associates became rich and there are friends and relatives who are stuck in the rut. Stories in the newspapers accross the globe bring news of murders, wars , crime and many other things. Yet the question arises what is it about this life that we need to care about ? Should we centre our lives around people ? Work, money, career, children or spouses ? What kind of righteousness that we need to develop so that we are at ease and at peace as we aged ? How do we prepare for death that will eventually brings us face to face with our real destiny ? Are we seeking at the right place ? Reading the right book ? Asking the right question. Given the correct advise ? Listening to the sermon of truth ? Who is that teacher that can teach us this art of living that bring us peace and serenity in our hearts ? Do we have answers for all these questions ?
Therefore be patient with what they say, and celebrate (constantly) the praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, indeed, celebrate them for part of the hours of the night and at the sides of the day: that you may have (spiritual) joy.
Nor strain your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to parties of them, the splendour of the life of this world, through which We test them: but the provision of your Lord is better and more enduring.
Quran : Chapter (20) verses 130-131
- The mutual rivalry for piling up (the good things of this world) diverts you (from the more serious things),
- Until ye visit the graves.
- But nay, ye soon shall know (the reality).
- Again, ye soon shall know!
- Nay, were ye to know with certainty of mind, (ye would beware!)
- Ye shall certainly see Hell-Fire!
- Again, ye shall see it with certainty of sight!
- Then, shall ye be questioned that Day about the joy (ye indulged in!).
Quran : Chapter (102) verses 1 - 8
- By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
- Verily Man is in loss,
- Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.
Quran : Chapter (103) verses 1 - 3